By Judith A. Tindall
Read Online or Download Peer Power, Book Two: Strategies for the Professional Leader: Applying Peer Helper Skills PDF
Similar counseling books
Notice the sensible abilities for supporting others.
Whether you're contemplating turning into a counsellor, need to supply a few kind of counselling as a part of your task, or are easily attracted to speaking good, Counselling talents For Dummies offers the best creation to the sensible fundamentals of counselling. beginning with an intensive advisor to the traits, wisdom and talents had to develop into a ‘listening helper’, the e-book is going directly to supply a framework for a counselling consultation, supporting you to effectively deal with a almost certainly daunting process.
Counselling talents For Dummies, second Edition:
- Illustrates how one can create a favorable courting among listener and speaker
- Teaches you ways to constitution a aiding conversation
- Explains how asking the perfect questions are vital to the development of the connection among speaker and listener
- indicates how one can higher comprehend your self, that is a very important step in making sure that you simply holiday down your personal obstacles to listening
A scientific, research-based origin textual content for vocational schooling and coaching.
"This textual content is characterized through the perception and authority of perform established proof instead of being essentially idea utilized to perform . .. it's also written accessibly, with occasionally tricky psychodynamic thoughts rendered into undeniable yet dependent prose . .. Convincing case stories are used all through and summaries helpfully hyperlink perform concerns with thought.
Aware management training takes an in-depth examine the training techniques. The insights supplied right here can help coaches and managers to take advantage of frameworks for reworking attitudes, ideals, and behaviors. It advises on how the simplest management coaches support their govt consumers create major own swap.
Extra info for Peer Power, Book Two: Strategies for the Professional Leader: Applying Peer Helper Skills
6. As trainer, role-play one of the situations. 7. Encourage trainees to use all the skills they have learned thus far. 8. Discuss the experience. 8. 8 FAMILIES AFFECTED BY ALCOHOLISM Goal To focus on the effect alcohol has on the family Introduction to the Exercise Alcoholism not only affects the alcoholic, but it also affects the alcoholic’s family. An important aspect of this exercise is to assist trainees in identifying symptoms and ﬁ nding some help for the dysfunctional family. Training Procedures 1.
Evaluation Process Evaluate the process used in the teaching of the skill by the feedback obtained from trainees, by observations and written work, and from their behavior when they are asked to set goals. Measuring Outcomes 1. 3 to identify stressors, stress reaction, and effective techniques for coping with stressors. 2. 8 to look at setting goals for a balanced lifestyle. 13 for setting long-range goals. indd 19 Taking Care of You! 1 WHAT HAPPENS UNDER STRESS? Goal To help trainees understand stress, and to help them identify the events that cause stress in their lives Introduction to the Exercise This exercise is designed to help trainees learn about stress and discuss the issue of stress with their trainer.
3. 2. Assign the trainees to small groups to brainstorm mental health activities that can be shared with others. 3. Follow the plan of action. 4. Ask trainees (as a total group) to have a project to deliver regarding mental health. 5. Directions 4 and 5 in the student workbook are about evaluation of the activity. Application for Trainees After the Group Meeting Ask trainees to deliver an awareness activity to others. 7. Introduction to the Module Many individuals who lack the necessary skills to do a good job are often called upon to serve in leadership roles.